torsdag 28 mars 2013

10 weeks

Tomorrow I only have 10 weeks left. It feels so strange, I will be able to count them on my hands. Time's going sooooo fast and I've already learnt so much, the language, about their lifestyle and about myself. When I came here I felt like I kind of knew myself, but I was pretty insecure about what I knew. After 12 weeks here I feel more okay with who I am. For example; I'm not a party girl, and I might never be. And that's okay. I'm not going to change to make other people happy.

And also, this book I found the other day has taught me so much. It's called Quiet and is about how some people are Extroverts (outgoing, enjoys themselves the the most in a large group and are good at thinking on their feet) and some are Introverts (soft spoken, enjoys solitude, prefers a small dinner with a few friends instead of a large party with a lot of people). Not so hard to guess which one I am right?

Susan Cain, the author, also says that it's not black and white, a person can enjoy both group activities and solitude (for example), but that we tend to lean more towards one or the other (on the scale Introvert-Extrovert).

The world today tries to produce as many extroverts as it can, because that's the ideal right now.There's nothing wrong with extroverts but we need some variety!

So that's a few of the things that has made this trip an amazing journey! And I still have 10 weeks (and one day) left. I wonder what will happen next!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Nämen så roligt att du vill kommentera ^^ Sorry att jag måste kolla om du är robot, men en kan aldrig bli riktigt säker nu för tiden :)